50s Broadcaster and Nocaster pickups had somewhat unique specs – during these couple of years Fender used thinner 43AWG wire for both pickups.
.195″ diameter Alnico 3 magnets coupled with 43AWG Plain enamel wire resulted in legendary and quite distinctive tone of the early 50s Fender electric guitar. Warm and bright – with extra bite and punch in the bridge position.
– wound with period correct PLAIN ENAMEL AWG43 pickup wire at approx. 8,8 kOhm
– larger 0.195″ diameter Alnico 3 magnet rods
– vintage specs BLACK flatwork / vulcanized fiberboard
– copper plated STEEL baseplate
– the coil is wrapped with 8-strand BLACK COTTON string
– wax potted in paraffin and bee`s wax
– 6-32 x 5/8″ round head screws
– vintage style pickup tension/height tubing
– polarity is south up
Mounting screws and vintage style tubing are included.
– CHROME plated nickel silver cover (NICKEL, GOLD or RAW also available)
– 0.195″ diameter Alnico 3 magnet rods
– AWG43 PLAIN ENAMEL @ 7.4 kOhm
– vintage specs BLACK flatwork /vulcanized fiberboard
– wax potted
– cloth covered push back wire
– polarity is NORTH UP
These are R.W.R.P. for hum canceling when both pickups are active.
NON R.W.R.P. version available on request.
Tele neck pickups can be mounted with WOOD or PICKGUARD screws. Please let us know if you need the pickguard or wood mounting screws with this pickup. You can send us a message or leave a note on the checkout page.
#3 x 1″ Round Head Wood Screws – this is the way Fender did it back in the day;
Wood mounting screws are screwed to the body/ wood – under the pickguard – and these require a larger hole in the pickup – so we will re-drill the mounting holes in the pickup to fit the wood screws.
#4 – 40UNC Phillips Pan Head Pickguard Screws
Pickguard screws are used for mounting the pickup on the pickguard – this way the pickup height can be adjusted without removing the pickguard.