Firebird pickups set – AGED/RELIC GOLD PLATED. This listing is for 3 pickups – matched and calibrated set – bridge (7 kOhm), middle (6.74 kOhm) and neck (6.34kOhm) – Firebird Mini Humbucker – hand made by Q pickups .
These are probably one of the few vintage correct replica`s of an early 60s Firebird pickup. Everything about these is high quality – built to deliver 1963 Firebird tone.
Real vintage Gibson Firebird pickup had a special construction – a set of thin steel plates
These hard-to-find plates contribute to the distinctive biting tone of a vintage Firebird guitar.
Small plate measures 1″ x 7/32″ (25.4mm x 5.56mm) and it is positioned on the TREBLE side of the pickup, just under the chrome plated nickel silver cover – under the “B” and “G” string – and on top of the bobbins.
Larger steel plate is under the bobbins inside the pickup, it measures 1-15/16″ x 7/8″ (49.21mm x 22.23mm)
– stamped NICKEL SILVER base plates with short legs
– GOLD PLATED NICKEL SILVER covers
– vintage correct steel plates
– vintage reproduction mini humbucker bobbins
– nickel plated steel pole screws
– sand cast Alnico V magnet bars
– nickel plated steel screws and slugs
– maple spacers
– single conductor shielded wire with tinned braided copper shield
– Elektrisola AWG42 enameled copper wire
– coils are wrapped with vintage black paper “flat-back” tape
If you need something about these different – DC resistance, 4-wire +ground, different cover etc – please let us know and we will work it out.
Mounting screws and springs are included.