Inspired by the famous Schecter F520T – Telecaster NECK pickup from Q pickups custom shop.
This pickup has 2 different outputs – to use the full tonal range you will need a switch – push pull pot or ON-ON switch.
Or – you can simply connect the output you like the best – and play on.
These are actually designed with some upgrades compared to the originals. We did not use 0.01 thin copper tape available on the market – this hand cut pure copper sheet is much thicker and provides extra shielding and low noise operation.
Instead of PVC lead wires we used vintage style cloth covered push-back wire – this wire is much easier to work with. If you want these with PVC wire just let me know.
The tone is jaw dropping. Fat and full, high fidelity with plenty of twang.
– vintage specs black flatwork
– .250″ diameter Alnico 5 magnet rods
– Elektrisola AWG43 copper enameled wire
– wax potted in paraffin and bee`s wax
– cloth covered “push back” wire
– NORTH UP magnetic polarity – bottOm to winder COUNTER – CLOCKWISE winding direction
Enameled copper wire is protected with black pickup tape, shielded and grounded with copper sheet.
BLACK – ground
WHITE – 6.7k Ohm
YELLOW – 14 kOhm